Insider ExWHUemployee has revealed that West Ham United striker Gianluca Scamacca is happy at the club and his change in agents has nothing to do with a transfer exit.
What’s the latest on West Ham, Scamacca and his agent?
Earlier this week, World Soccer Agency announced they will no longer represent the Italian forward who currently plays for the Hammers.
Indeed, his now former agents noted that “the trust necessary for a healthy professional relationship” had been broken and so they would be parting ways with Scamacca.
Consequently, rumours in the Italian media have suggested that the player could be on the move this summer, suggesting that the latest development could mean he wants a return to Serie A.
However, in a written update shared to The West Ham Way Patreon, Ex revealed: “We have had it confirmed to us that Scamacca is happy at the club and that the change of agency has nothing to do with his future he just wanted to be represented by someone else and players change agents all the time without publicity.”
What does the Scamacca news mean for West Ham?
The former Sassuolo man ended up in the Premier League at the start of the season on a five-year contract plus the option of a further 12 months after agreeing to a £35.5m transfer.
Since then, you could argue he’s not had the most fantastic debut season. After all, he has as many yellow cards (three) as he does have goals in the league this term for David Moyes.
However, injury issues have recently prevented him from truly building up a run of momentum and he does still have seven goals in all competitions which makes him West Ham’s joint second-highest goalscorer.
All in all, it sounds as though his change of agent has little to do with the Irons and so fans can probably relax if they were fearing a possible summer exit already.
What’s more, he’s already being linked with a new agency as The Sun report he could join CAA Stellar, who represent other Premier League players such as Jack Grealish, Jordan Pickford and Ben Chilwell – which may hint at a likelihood to remain in England.
- Spurs Make Contact Over 35 y/o Manager TargetAfter parting ways with Antonio Conte over the weekend, Tottenham Hotspur have made initial contact with Julian Nagelsmann's people.
- Insider Issues Worrying Behind-Scenes Everton ClaimEverton have been slapped with potentially having breached Financial Fair Play regulations which will prove catastrophic if the club are to go down.
- Liverpool Reignite Interest In £184k-p/w StarLiverpool have reignited their interest in Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- Scott McTominay reveals how he's added goals to his gameManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay promised to try to continue his goalscoring exploits with Scotland after nabbing a brace against Spain
- Kai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to ChelseaKai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to Chelsea.
- How much do National League players get paid?What is the average wage of players currently competing in the Vanarama National League, the fifth tier of English football?