Manchester United are closing in on the potential contract extensions for the likes of Marcus Rashford, Diogo Dalot and Alejandro Garnacho.
Is Marcus Rashford getting a new contract?
The Red Devils do currently have some contract issues at Old Trafford with a number of their players edging ever closer to the final year of their current deal.
One of those players being the in-form Rashford whose deal with the English giants is set to expire at the end of the 2023/24 campaign.
However, there is a belief that the club are working behind the scenes to extend the deals of some of these players with Erik ten Hag’s side quickly developing in the Premier League.
And speaking on the Meczyki YouTube channel, Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on the future of some of the stars at Old Trafford:
(1:08:00) “It’s an important moment for Manchester United to extend contracts. They are in conversations with Marcus Rashford, they are in conversations with Diogo Dalot, they are speaking to Alejandro Garnacho, who is doing fantastic at Manchester United.
“And Man United are really confident to get his contract extension done very soon. So for Garnacho, it’s very advanced. For Rashford and Diogo Dalot negotiations ongoing. With David De Gea, negotiations ongoing.”
Could Marcus Rashford leave Man United?
With the English forward’s future not yet tied down at the Theatre of Dreams, there has been some reports suggesting he could be the subject of interest from elsewhere.
Indeed, Rashford has been linked with a potential move elsewhere in the past with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain believed to be interested previously.
And one of the other clubs credited with interest recently has been United’s Premier League rivals, Arsenal, on the back of their impressive 2022/23 campaign to date.
Aforementioned, it is not only Rashford who is nearing the end of his contract at United with the likes of David De Gea, Dalot and Garnacho in similar positions.
And perhaps the impressive start to life under Ten Hag has shown the value of some of these players at United and potentially even saved their careers at Old Trafford.
However, fans will surely feel the most important deal that needs to be concluded is that of Rashford following what has been a stunning 2022/23 campaign under the Dutchman.
In his 35 appearances for the Red Devils this season the Englishman has been able to return 22 goals and eight assists across all competitions.
And this run of form has been even more impressive when considering nine of his 12 league goals have come in the last 10 games.
So the notion of United tying down players of this calibre will surely be music to the ears of the fans with Ten hag clearly extracting everything out of the squad he has inherited.
- Tottenham: "World Class" Manager In Pole Position For JobTottenham Hotspur manager target Mauricio Pochettino is in 'pole position' for the Spurs job alongside Julian Nagelsmann, according to reports.
- Liverpool Confident Of Securing Deal For £88m DefenderThe Reds are optimistic that they will be able to land Benfica defender Antonio Silva this summer.
- Leeds Eyeing £53m "Machine" As True Phillips HeirLeeds United are interested in signing Sporting Lisbon midfielder Manuel Ugarte and the Uruguay international could be a true heir to Kalvin Phillips.
- Chelsea 1-2 Lyon (4-3 on penalties)(Agg. 2-2): Player ratings as late penalty drama sends Blues throughPlayer ratings from the Women's Champions League quarter-final second leg between Chelsea & Lyon - 30 March 2023.
- Man Utd confident of agreeing new David de Gea contractDavid de Gea drops hint over preference for Man Utd future as contract talks continue.
- Wolfsburg 1-1 PSG (Agg. 2-1): Player ratings as She-Wolves reach UWCL last four againPlayer ratings from the UWCL quarter-final second leg between Wolfsburg and PSG.