Insider ExWHUemployee has revealed that West Ham United goalkeeper Alphonse Areola has now “resumed training” after his recent injury and may return at the start of next month.
What’s the latest on Alphonse Areola and his West Ham injury?
The Frenchman has been out recently with a hamstring injury and consequently hasn’t been able to feature in the club’s last two Premier League games.
As result, in the recent draw against Newcastle United, manager David Moyes opted to name third-choice goalkeeper Joseph Anang and academy stopper Krisztian Hegyi both on the bench at St James’ Park – he did the same against Chelsea last weekend, too.
However, following a new update on Areola on The West Ham Way podcast, it seems as though the goalkeeper may be back on the bench shortly to provide more senior depth to Lukasz Fabianski.
Indeed, Ex revealed that the 29-year-old is close to returning although likely won’t play until they face Manchester United in the FA Cup.
He said: “Areola has also resumed training. He’s unlikely to feature for us until the Manchester United game, but obviously, it will be good for him to get back on the bench and get some training in before that game.”
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.