Journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes will be a target for Liverpool in the upcoming transfer window even if another player in that position is signed.
What’s the latest on Nunes and Wolves?
Reds manager Jurgen Klopp seems keen to add depth to that part of the field in the summer and even though Jude Bellingham is understood to be a priority target, it seems as though they could be after another transfer too.
He said (4:04): “Matheus Nunes from Wolverhampton remains really appreciated [by Liverpool].”
Could Nunes leave Wolves already?
While Nunes only arrived in the Premier League at the start of this season having completed a club record £38m move from Sporting, an exit could soon be on the cards already.
Indeed, in January, Liverpool were tipped to make a £44m swoop for the Portuguese player having nearly signed him in the first place before he ended up at Molineux.
In his debut season, Nunes has already established himself as a regular in the Wolves team. But with an average 6.55 WhoScored rating per game – the ninth-best in the squad – he’s not necessarily been a superstar.
With that in mind, if a decent offer comes in and Lopetegui’s side can make a profit on that £38m, perhaps it could be good business to sell and replace him with someone who might be a better fit.
- Tottenham: "World Class" Manager In Pole Position For JobTottenham Hotspur manager target Mauricio Pochettino is in 'pole position' for the Spurs job alongside Julian Nagelsmann, according to reports.
- Liverpool Confident Of Securing Deal For £88m DefenderThe Reds are optimistic that they will be able to land Benfica defender Antonio Silva this summer.
- Leeds Eyeing £53m "Machine" As True Phillips HeirLeeds United are interested in signing Sporting Lisbon midfielder Manuel Ugarte and the Uruguay international could be a true heir to Kalvin Phillips.
- Chelsea 1-2 Lyon (4-3 on penalties)(Agg. 2-2): Player ratings as late penalty drama sends Blues throughPlayer ratings from the Women's Champions League quarter-final second leg between Chelsea & Lyon - 30 March 2023.
- Man Utd confident of agreeing new David de Gea contractDavid de Gea drops hint over preference for Man Utd future as contract talks continue.
- Wolfsburg 1-1 PSG (Agg. 2-1): Player ratings as She-Wolves reach UWCL last four againPlayer ratings from the UWCL quarter-final second leg between Wolfsburg and PSG.