TalkSport pundit Jamie O’Hara has slammed Tottenham Hotspur summer loan signing Clement Lenglet after the club’s most recent defeat.
What’s the latest on Clement Lenglet and Spurs?
It’s been a bad week for Spurs to say the least. After a spate of injury blows, the club have tasted back-to-back defeats in the Premier League and now the Champions League.
Indeed, after being thumped 4-1 away at Leicester City, Antonio Conte’s men travelled to Italy to face AC Milan and were beaten 1-0 thanks to a goal from Brahim Diaz.
Lenglet played at San Siro and it seems as though he, and many others, were not up to standard on the night in the eyes of former player O’Hara.
While speaking on Talksport, the pundit said: “When you’re looking at it and going Sarr and Skipp are the two best players in Tottenham’s team tonight, what does that say about the rest of them?
“When you’ve got players like Perisic, Son, Kulusevski, Kane… Lenglet was bought from Barcelona, he’s like an imposter.”
What does Clement Lenglet’s form mean for Spurs?
Lenglet has joined Spurs from Barcelona on a season-long loan and having arrived from such a prestigious club, big things would have been expected of the defender.
However, it feels as though he’s never truly won the faith of Conte and has started just 11 league games all season – sitting on the bench for the past three matches.
The 27-year-old has played more regularly in Europe though, with five starts from a possible seven games in the Champions League. Against Milan, though, it seems as though he underwhelmed.
For instance, as per Alasdair Gold of football.london, Lenglet picked up a 6/10 player rating and “failed to make good use of the ball when he got into good positions”.
On top of that, on Sofascore he finished the game having won none of his three attempted aerial duels, lost the ball 11 times, made three fouls, and failed to find a teammate from his only attempted cross and three long balls played.
All in all, it’s not hard to see why some are disappointed by the way this summer move has worked out for Spurs.
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.