According to recent reports, Liverpool have identified Chelsea’s Mason Mount as a surprise summer transfer target.
That’s according to journalist Jac Talbot, who claims the Reds are looking it capitalise on Chelsea’sfailure to get their talented number 19 to sign a contract extension.
Mount, 24, is reported to have already held ‘direct talks’ with Jurgen Klopp’s side over a possible transfer that could be worth as much as £60m.
?| Mason Mount has held direct talks with Liverpool and he is a huge target for the club. [@jac_talbot] pic.twitter.com/5J3scJcgC6
— Anfield Edition (@AnfieldEdition) February 11, 2023
The 24-year-old will be out of contract at Stamford Bridge at the end of next season, and although club owner Todd Boehly is reportedly personally negotiating the midfielder’s new terms, the American is said to have made little progress, suggesting Mount is not buying the Londoners new project under Graham Potter.
READ MORE: Erik ten Hag has reached out to Mason Greenwood for the first time and is “pleased” about dropped charges
Following these latest developments, Mount is becoming a genuine candidate to leave his current club once the summer window opens later this year, and Liverpool, who are looking for energetic reinforcements themselves, could be best placed to poach one of England’s most popular attacking midfielders.
What a surprise signing it’d be, should the Reds manage to pull it off!
The post Liverpool handed major transfer boost as rival’s staff ‘resigned’ to exit of Reds’ top target appeared first on CaughtOffside.
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.