Leeds United fans would love to see Nuno Espirito Santo become their next manager, according to insider Dean Jones.
Who will become Leeds’ new manager?
The Yorkshire club have now found themselves without a permanent manager for almost two weeks now following the exit of Jesse Marsch last week.
However, they have failed so far in their attempts to replace the American with the likes of Arne Slot turning down a potential move to Elland Road.
And it is believed the likes of Espirito Santo are still on their radar with no immediate solution seemingly on the horizon for the Whites.
Speaking to Football FanCast, insider Jones has suggested the Portuguese manager is one which he feels would be welcomed by the fans at Leeds:
“Not really sure about those two at the moment, I think fans would love Nuno in. Gerrard, I don’t think really fits with what they want.”
Could Espirito Santo replace Jesse Marsch?
There certainly feels like two ways of looking at the potential appointment of the Portuguese manager at Elland Road as a result of his mixed experiences in the Premier League.
The 49-year-old made a name for himself during his stint with Wolverhampton Wanderers where he was able to bring the Old Gold back to the Premier League.
And in the following seasons, he was able to take Wolves to the Europa League after finishing in seventh spot of the Premier League.
However, his reputation took a major blow in 2021 when he lasted only a matter of months in his next job with the Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
Looking back on his time in north London, it does seem as if Espirito Santo may have struggled to manage at the higher level Spurs will have provided with bigger names to manage.
So his spell with the Lilywhites may certainly prove to be off-putting for some, but there could be some confidence to be taken from his time at Molineux.
What has also been suggested is that if Wolves are to pursue the 49-year-old, they will have to put their hand in their pocket and fork out £5.3m to extract the Portuguese manager from his contract with Al-Ittihad.
But with the opportunities quickly passing by in the Premier League to salvage their spot in the top flight, it does feel like Leeds need to make a decision soon.
- Sensational £20k-p/w Leeds “Rocket” Could Be Raphinha 2.0Leeds United must ensure Wilfried Gnonto does not leave this summer, with clubs like Juventus interested in a transfer.
- Chelsea Could Sign Own Haaland With £97m "Animal"Chelsea are interested in signing Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic this summer and the Serbian could be Graham Potter's own version of Erling Haaland.
- Liverpool Could Forget Bellingham With £44m-rated "World-beater"The Dutch machine would be a monster at LFC
- Cody Gakpo withdraws from Netherlands squad with viral infectionCody Gakpo withdraws from Netherlands squad with viral infection.
- Why Moises Caicedo did not join Arsenal or Chelsea in JanuaryBrighton's CEO Paul Barber explains why the club stopped Moises Caicedo from joining Arsenal or Chelsea in the January transfer window.
- Leah Williamson rates England's chances of winning 2023 Women's World CupLeah Williamson expresses 'confidence' within the England squad ahead of 2023 Women's World Cup.