According to The Athletic, Leeds United’s search for a new manager is ongoing and have identified Celtic’s Ange Postecoglou as one of the options.
The report states that ‘no approach’ has been made yet but the club are aware of the impact the Austrian has made at the Scottish club.
Postecoglou achieved remarkable success in his debut season in Scotland, winning both the Scottish Premiership title and the League Cup. His dynamic and offensive-minded team are currently leading the league by a nine-point margin over Rangers, and they are also contending for victories in additional cup competitions.
“I think he would be an exceptional fit. But do I think he is going to leave Celtic and go to Leeds right now at this moment of time? I don’t think so.”
Their main target was said to be Rayo Vallecano manager Andoni Iraola. According to the report, Iraola wanted the job at Elland Road as well.
Leeds were in discussions with the manager and had even made an offer for him but the Spanish club refused to let him leave mid-season.
The post Leeds United eyeing ‘exceptional’ manager as Jesse Marsch’s replacement appeared first on CaughtOffside.
- Man United's £13m-rated "Monster" Could Replace CasemiroOn-loan midfielder Marcel Sabitzer could ease Casemiro blow
- Tottenham Players Excited By "Brilliant" ManagerTottenham players "would love" the club to appoint Mauricio Pochettino to replace Antonio Conte.
- Tottenham Dealt Blow In Pursuit Of "Fantastic" CoachTottenham Hotspur have missed out on Thomas Tuchel, one of the managers on their shortlist.
- Canada comfortably shut out Curacao with a 2-0 victory in the CONCACAF Nations LeagueCanada glide past Curacao with a 2-0 victory in the CONCACAF Nations League
- Republic of Ireland 0-1 France: Player ratings as Pavard screamer beats IrishPlayer ratings from the Republic of Ireland's Euro 2024 qualifier against France on Monday night.
- The 10 stadiums in Germany hosting Euro 2024The lowdown on the ten stadiums in Germany that are hosting games at Euro 2024.