Liverpool are struggling to maintain their high standards in the Premier League this season and Jurgen Klopp will surely be looking ahead to the summer transfer window to strengthen his stale squad.
The Reds are currently ninth in the top-flight table after a string of poor and inconsistent performances that have left the side nine points adrift of a Champions League qualifying spot inside the top four, which is a testament to the need for new additions at Anfield at the end of the season.
One of the biggest concerns has been the midfield with a number of players either out of contract in the summer or reaching the latter stages of their careers with only Fabinho, Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones under 30 years old and set to remain at the club next season.
As a result, there is a pressing concern surrounding the future of Liverpool’s midfield with a number of players linked to a move to Merseyside including Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Jude Bellingham and Wolverhampton Wanderers ace Matheus Nunes.
However, Klopp could save FSG millions by unleashing a forgotten young player who is excelling on loan, with Tyler Morton flourishing in the Championship at Blackburn Rovers.
Could Tyler Morton play for Liverpool next season?
The 20-year-old midfielder was sent out on a season-long loan at Ewood Park to gain some first-team football and experience which has been an absolute success so far.
Over 29 Championship appearances, Morton – dubbed an “incredible talent” by journalist Matthew Stanger – has registered two assists, created six big chances and successfully completed 57% of his dribbles, as well as averaging 1.3 key passes, 37.9 accurate passes, 59.1 touches, 1.4 tackles, one clearance and three duels won per game, proving that he is a huge presence on the pitch.
Whilst displaying both potence in attack and sound defensive attributes, the young Liverpool academy graduate is showing promising signs that he could become an effective option for Klopp next season in the German coach’s plans to freshen up the squad.
After rising through the ranks of the U18s and U21s, Morton earned his Premier League debut back in November 2021 tallying up nine first-team appearances in total before heading out on loan, so there is no doubt that the Reds boss will be keeping a close eye on the young talent.
With that being said, if the midfielder could continue to thrive and develop his craft with Blackburn it could be a great opportunity for him to catch the eye of Klopp and earn a spot in the centre of the pitch at Anfield next season.
- Spurs Make Contact Over 35 y/o Manager TargetAfter parting ways with Antonio Conte over the weekend, Tottenham Hotspur have made initial contact with Julian Nagelsmann's people.
- Insider Issues Worrying Behind-Scenes Everton ClaimEverton have been slapped with potentially having breached Financial Fair Play regulations which will prove catastrophic if the club are to go down.
- Liverpool Reignite Interest In £184k-p/w StarLiverpool have reignited their interest in Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- Scott McTominay reveals how he's added goals to his gameManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay promised to try to continue his goalscoring exploits with Scotland after nabbing a brace against Spain
- Kai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to ChelseaKai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to Chelsea.
- How much do National League players get paid?What is the average wage of players currently competing in the Vanarama National League, the fifth tier of English football?