YouTuber Conor McGilligan has claimed that Leeds United midfielder Marc Roca will be back in contention to start again “very soon” following recent injury issues.
What’s the latest on Marc Roca and Leeds?
The Whites managed to pick up an absolutely vital three points in the Premier League this weekend as they beat fellow relegation candidates Southampton 1-0.
Indeed, it seems as though the club got that new manager bounce with Javi Gracia now in charge and overseeing the crucial win which was decided by a single goal from Junior Firpo.
Having missed the last three league games due to injury, Roca returned to the bench against the Saints to make a four-minute cameo late on.
While talking about the player on the One Leeds Fan Channel, McGilligan noted that the player was “buzzing” after the win and tipped the Spaniard to start again soon.
He said (23:58): “I think Roca coming into this side, we’d get the ball on the back foot and he’d just switch it and he’d look at moving forward instead of laterally and back all the time. What are your thoughts on that?
“Because obviously he’s going to be coming back. He was celebrating yesterday. I mean, I was next to him on the touchline, he was buzzing and it looks like he’s going to be coming back into the setup very very soon in terms of contention for the starting eleven.”
Will Roca start for Leeds again soon?
Roca arrived from Bayern Munich for a reported fee of £10m in the summer and instantly established himself as a regular under former manager Jesse Marsch.
His lack of fitness meant, new boss Gracia opted to start Tyler Adams and Weston McKennie in the middle of the park against Southampton, with the Spaniard coming on for Patrick Bamford as a late defensive sub to help see out the game.
It remains to be seen if Gracia will persist with the same 4-2-3-1 set-up he played this weekend and who would drop out of the team if Roca was to come back in.
After this win, perhaps the Spanish manager will be hesitant to switch up his starting XI too much and with Roca still working his way back to full fitness, he might not come right back in.
Still, the Whites do have an FA Cup match against Fulham mid-week and so perhaps that will be the perfect time to tinker with the team a little and throw Roca back into the mix.
- Leeds Defender Out Against ArsenalLeeds United have been handed another injury blow before the trip to Arsenal.
- Liverpool Must Unleash £140k-p/w Dynamo vs Man CityJurgen Klopp must unleash Liverpool's Darwin Nunez against Manchester City
- Arsenal Can Cash In On £110k-p/w "Warrior"Arsenal could look to cash in on Kieran Tierney's rising value.
- FPL Gameweek 29: Top captain picksThe top Fantasy Premier League captaincy picks for Double Gameweek 29, including Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes.
- FPL Gameweek 29: The best differentials to target for upcoming DGWThe best differentials in Fantasy Premier League for FPL Double Gameweek 29, including Alexander Isak and Andy Robertson.
- Barcelona confirm contact with Lionel Messi over summer transferBarcelona vice-president Rafa Yuste confirms the club are in contact with Lionel Messi over a return.