Erling Haaland scored a record-equalling five goals as Manchester City dismantled RB Leipzig at the Etihad Stadium, winning the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final 7-0 to win the tie 8-1 on aggregate.
Subscribe to Guardian News on YouTube ►
The Norwegian became only the third player to achieve such a feat in the competition, following Lionel Messi and Luiz Adriano. Guardiola referred to the striker as 'a joy of a guy' and praised his mentality saying, 'It's difficult to score goals when you don't touch the ball for 40-50 minutes,' but 'he can do it'.
Haaland told reporters after the match that he didn't have to say much because 'we won 7-0 and I scored five goals' but insisted that the game proved that City are contenders to win the Champions League.
The Guardian publishes independent journalism, made possible by supporters. Contribute to The Guardian today ►
Sign up to the Guardian's free. new daily newsletter,First Edition ►
The Guardian on YouTube:
The Guardian ►
Guardian Australia ►
Guardian Football ►
Guardian Sport ►
Guardian Live ►
#ManCity #ManchesterCity #Haaland #ChampionsLeague #UCL #Guardiola #News
- Sensational £20k-p/w Leeds “Rocket” Could Be Raphinha 2.0Leeds United must ensure Wilfried Gnonto does not leave this summer, with clubs like Juventus interested in a transfer.
- Chelsea Could Sign Own Haaland With £97m "Animal"Chelsea are interested in signing Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic this summer and the Serbian could be Graham Potter's own version of Erling Haaland.
- Liverpool Could Forget Bellingham With £44m-rated "World-beater"The Dutch machine would be a monster at LFC
- Cody Gakpo withdraws from Netherlands squad with viral infectionCody Gakpo withdraws from Netherlands squad with viral infection.
- Why Moises Caicedo did not join Arsenal or Chelsea in JanuaryBrighton's CEO Paul Barber explains why the club stopped Moises Caicedo from joining Arsenal or Chelsea in the January transfer window.
- Leah Williamson rates England's chances of winning 2023 Women's World CupLeah Williamson expresses 'confidence' within the England squad ahead of 2023 Women's World Cup.
Oh my love 😍 him and 👍💕
The insights in this content are truly eye-opening. 👀