Journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Manchester United are not “actively working” on a transfer for Jude Bellingham due to uncertainty over the club’s possible takeover.
What’s the latest on Jude Bellingham and the Man Utd takeover?
It seems almost certain that a number of big clubs will make a move for Borussia Dortmund this summer with a fee in the region of £130m being quoted as the potential asking price.
From the Premier League, the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City are touted as possible destinations, while Real Madrid have also been tipped.
Of course, Man Utd are also in the mix but Romano has reported that it’s still unknown if they will have the appropriate budget to chase such a transfer with the Glazers yet to publicly decide whether to sell or keep the club.
Speaking on his YouTube channel, the journalist explained (1:02): “The reality is that Man United, as of today, are not actively working on the Jude Bellingham deal.
“Because they love the player, they will be absolutely excited for Bellingham to join them. But the reality is that with the owner’s situation still in process and in progress – because we know that the Glazers received the proposals of the INEOS Group with Sir Jim Ratcliffe and of the Qatari group with Sheikh Al Thani – but at the moment there is still no full agreement to sell the club.
“This is a crucial part to understand how much will be the budget of Manchester United in the summer transfer window. This is really important. ”
What does the takeover news mean for MUFC links to Bellingham?
Amid bids from Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, it was since been reported that the Glazers may not actually be looking to say goodbye to their asset.
Seeing as the club’s value has recently diminished – with the latest stories stating that Man United’s share price dropped 9.6 per cent on Monday, going down 17 per cent in a week, wiping almost $1bn (£820m) off the club’s value – now might not be the best time for the current owners to sell up.
Amid all this financial uncertainty, it will certainly be difficult to plan for any £100m+ bid for Bellingham in the summer. And with a number of other teams in the race for the Englishman too, United may miss out on a possible transfer while the future of their club remains up in the air.
Seeing as the teenager was on the 26-man shortlist to make the 2022 FIFA FIFPRO Men’s World 11, it’ll be a shame if off-pitch issues prevent the Red Devils from landing such a talent.
- Spurs Make Contact Over 35 y/o Manager TargetAfter parting ways with Antonio Conte over the weekend, Tottenham Hotspur have made initial contact with Julian Nagelsmann's people.
- Insider Issues Worrying Behind-Scenes Everton ClaimEverton have been slapped with potentially having breached Financial Fair Play regulations which will prove catastrophic if the club are to go down.
- Liverpool Reignite Interest In £184k-p/w StarLiverpool have reignited their interest in Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- Scott McTominay reveals how he's added goals to his gameManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay promised to try to continue his goalscoring exploits with Scotland after nabbing a brace against Spain
- Kai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to ChelseaKai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to Chelsea.
- How much do National League players get paid?What is the average wage of players currently competing in the Vanarama National League, the fifth tier of English football?