Insider ExWHUemployee has revealed West Ham United that Mark Noble is looking to establish a relationship with Monaco amid transfer interest in Axel Disasi.
What’s the latest on Axel Disasi to West Ham?
At the start of this year, having retired just last season, the former club captain took over as sporting director for the Hammers.
It seems as though he is wasting little time in getting his feet under the table and making an impact. Indeed, in January, with Noble now involved, the club signed proven Premier League striker Danny Ings from Aston Villa.
It remains unclear just how much of an influence he has on that deal but it looks as though he’s helping the club potentially line up a deal for Monaco defender Disasi, who was linked with the Hammers during the January transfer window.
And while speaking on The West Ham Way podcast, Ex revealed that the sporting director had recently been in France on a business trip.
He explained the reason for the visit, saying: “Mark Noble was a guest at the Monaco-PSG game.
“He does know Monaco sporting director Paul Mitchell there, was invited as a result of [the relationship between] him and the Monaco sort of hierarchy.
“That was to get to know the role of sporting director, but also as a way of establishing strong links between us and Monaco. With the potential signing of Axel Disasi – a French centre-back that we were looking at previously – and he could be one that we’d look to sign.”
What does Noble’s relationship with Monaco mean for West Ham?
Still only 24 years of age, Disasi could be an interesting signing in the future for the Hammers. He’s clearly well-rated in Ligue 1 as he travelled to Qatar with France for the 2022 World Cup and featured three times, starting once.
If the East London club can establish a relationship with Monaco too, that wouldn’t be a bad thing. After all, they did help produce global superstar Kylian Mbappe.
Seeing as their sporting director Paul Mitchell is an Englishman who worked with Southampton and Tottenham before heading to France, it’s no shock to learn that he’s familiar with Noble and this could certainly help with a connection between the two clubs.
Taking it all into account, transfer dealings between West Ham and Monaco could be something to keep an eye on in the near future.
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.