The future of Joško Gvardiol remains far from clear after Christian Falk exclusively informed CaughtOffside in his latest column that the Croatian has not set his sights on a move to Real Madrid this summer.
That’s not to suggest that the prospect of interest from Los Blancos wouldn’t prove tempting for the ‘Croatian jewel’ (Football365), were it to arise, though there’s no immediate rush to cut ties with RB Leipzig.
“No, the rumours that Joško Gvardiol has offered himself to Real Madrid are not true. He’s very relaxed at the moment and the plan is that he should stay put until 2024. But, you know, his future can still be a topic up for discussion this summer,” the BILD journalist wrote.
“I think it’s getting interesting in terms of what Liverpool and Chelsea are doing. Gvardiol has made no secret of the fact that his favourite club as a child was Liverpool and that he was always dreaming of moving there. When we see what is happening at Liverpool at the moment, it’s clear they need players in this position.
He’s keeping an eye on the Premier League, of course. If Real Madrid come in, it’s also interesting for him but he hasn’t offered himself to the club. We have to also see if Real Madrid’s interest is serious. I’m not sure on that point as they’ve already got good players in this position, so I would keep on Premier League clubs at the moment.”
Liverpool and Chelsea could likewise offer alternative avenues come the end of the season, were either outfit so inclined.
Whether one of the two Premier League clubs will focus on bolstering their respective backlines remains to be seen given that the Reds will likely focus all their attention on remedying the midfield.
The Stamford Bridge-based club has already secured defensive reinforcements in the form of Wesley Fofana, Benoit Badiashile and Kalidou Koulibaly.
With a contract not set to expire until 2027, Gvardiol will require a significant splurge should anyone wish to move for the defender this summer, so it will certainly suit more financially challenged sides, like Jurgen Klopp’s men, to hold fire for a year or so.
The post Exclusive: RB Leipzig ‘jewel’ who dreamt of Liverpool move hasn’t offered himself to Real Madrid appeared first on CaughtOffside.
- Leeds Defender Out Against ArsenalLeeds United have been handed another injury blow before the trip to Arsenal.
- Liverpool Must Unleash £140k-p/w Dynamo vs Man CityJurgen Klopp must unleash Liverpool's Darwin Nunez against Manchester City
- Arsenal Can Cash In On £110k-p/w "Warrior"Arsenal could look to cash in on Kieran Tierney's rising value.
- FPL Gameweek 29: Top captain picksThe top Fantasy Premier League captaincy picks for Double Gameweek 29, including Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes.
- FPL Gameweek 29: The best differentials to target for upcoming DGWThe best differentials in Fantasy Premier League for FPL Double Gameweek 29, including Alexander Isak and Andy Robertson.
- Barcelona confirm contact with Lionel Messi over summer transferBarcelona vice-president Rafa Yuste confirms the club are in contact with Lionel Messi over a return.