Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has reached out to Mason Greenwood to check in on the 21-year-old after attempted rape and assault charges against him were dropped last week.
According to the Daily Mail, the charges against Greenwood were dropped when 12 witnesses refused to co-operate in the investigation, and it has emerged that the complainant had wanted to retract her accusations since last April.
Greenwood was first arrested back in January 2022 after videos and images were posted online of the footballer’s horrendous acts towards a young woman and following his arrest, Man United decided to suspend him on full pay.
The 21-year-old has not played for the Manchester club since and following last week’s news, the Red Devils are currently carrying out an internal investigation to determine their next steps regarding the 21-year-old’s controversial return.
In the meantime, it has been reported in a story carried by the Mail, that Ten Hag has reached out to Greenwood to check on the player’s physical and mental state, and told the 21-year-old he was “pleased” that the charges had been dropped.
The Dutch coach is also said to have made it clear to the youngster that it will be the club’s choice as to whether he returns to the first-team squad or not, which will come after their investigation has been completed.
The post Erik ten Hag has reached out to Mason Greenwood for the first time and is “pleased” about dropped charges appeared first on CaughtOffside.
- Spurs Make Contact Over 35 y/o Manager TargetAfter parting ways with Antonio Conte over the weekend, Tottenham Hotspur have made initial contact with Julian Nagelsmann's people.
- Insider Issues Worrying Behind-Scenes Everton ClaimEverton have been slapped with potentially having breached Financial Fair Play regulations which will prove catastrophic if the club are to go down.
- Liverpool Reignite Interest In £184k-p/w StarLiverpool have reignited their interest in Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- Scott McTominay reveals how he's added goals to his gameManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay promised to try to continue his goalscoring exploits with Scotland after nabbing a brace against Spain
- Kai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to ChelseaKai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to Chelsea.
- How much do National League players get paid?What is the average wage of players currently competing in the Vanarama National League, the fifth tier of English football?