Manchester United crushed Newcastle's hopes of claiming a first major domestic trophy for nearly 70 years with a clinical 2-0 victory in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley. A header by Casemiro followed by an own goal by Sven Botman late in the first half silenced the hordes of Newcastle fans who flocked to the capital full of optimism as Manchester United went on to lift the trophy for a sixth time with relative ease. It was United's first trophy since winning the Europa League under José Mourinho in 2017, their longest wait for silverware since 1983. Erik ten Hag hopes the win is a catalyst, seeing it as the 'inspiration' to achieve more, with the Dutchman telling his team not to be satisfied. The Newcastle manager, Eddie Howe, on the other hand, apologised to fans saying 'to see them disappointed at the end hurts, hurts badly'.
Manchester United win Carabao Cup final to prolong Newcastle’s trophy wait
In Erik ten Hag, Manchester United finally have a grownup in the room
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.
(Newcastle fan.. ) ten hag is a BOSS!!
Man utd and the refs 2 Newcastle 0 first goal was offside and the free kick was a joke