Glasgow Rangers have the opportunity to secure their place in the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup today as they host Partick Thistle at Ibrox.
The Light Blues are unbeaten in all competitions since returning from the break for the World Cup in Qatar and will be hoping to continue that run as they come up against Championship opposition this afternoon.
Michael Beale’s side head into the match off the back of a 2-1 win over Ross County in the Premiership last time out, thanks to goals from Malik Tillman and Borna Barisic.
This cup clash provides the head coach with a chance to make a few changes to his side and here is how we predict the Light Blues will line up…
What could Rangers’ XI look like against Partick Thistle?
Beale could look to bring in McGregor, Raskin, Tillman, and Colak to replace Jon McLaughlin, John Lundstram, Fashion Sakala, and Alfredo Morelos.
Starting between the sticks, Beale could bring in the 41-year-old veteran as the English boss has been rotating his goalkeeping options throughout the campaign, with McLaughlin (ten) and the ex-Hull man (15) sharing out the Premiership appearances.
In midfield, Lundstram will need to be replaced as the Englishman is out injured and this provides the coach with the chance to unleash Raskin for the first time from the start.
The 21-year-old midfielder, who was once dubbed as a “spider” by The Athletic’s Jordan Campbell, made an impressive impact off the bench last time out as the maestro won 100% (4/4) of his duels and completed 86% of his passes, which suggests that the dynamo is comfortable with the physicality of Scottish football.
In attack, Football FanCast published an article explaining why Sakala should be ditched from the team and Tillman could come in to start on the right of the attacking trident behind the striker after scoring off the bench against Ross County.
Finally, Colak – who has scored 11 goals in the Premiership this season – has not started a game in any competition since the 8th of January – against Dundee United – and the Croatian international could come in for Morelos to build up his match sharpness and, hopefully, his confidence.
Predicted Rangers XI (4-2-3-1): McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Davies, Barsic; Jack, Raskin; Tillman, Cantwell, Kent; Colak.
- Man United's £13m-rated "Monster" Could Replace CasemiroOn-loan midfielder Marcel Sabitzer could ease Casemiro blow
- Tottenham Players Excited By "Brilliant" ManagerTottenham players "would love" the club to appoint Mauricio Pochettino to replace Antonio Conte.
- Tottenham Dealt Blow In Pursuit Of "Fantastic" CoachTottenham Hotspur have missed out on Thomas Tuchel, one of the managers on their shortlist.
- Canada comfortably shut out Curacao with a 2-0 victory in the CONCACAF Nations LeagueCanada glide past Curacao with a 2-0 victory in the CONCACAF Nations League
- Republic of Ireland 0-1 France: Player ratings as Pavard screamer beats IrishPlayer ratings from the Republic of Ireland's Euro 2024 qualifier against France on Monday night.
- The 10 stadiums in Germany hosting Euro 2024The lowdown on the ten stadiums in Germany that are hosting games at Euro 2024.