Glasgow Rangers are on their best run of form all season, recording ten wins in their first 11 games under Michael Beale.
The stagnation which had emerged under Giovanni van Bronckhorst appears to be alleviating with the new manager, who has deployed a slightly more attacking style of play.
The Ibrox side trail their Glasgow arch-rivals by nine points in the Premiership title race, although more realistic hopes for glory lie in the two domestic cups. The Light Blues are already through to the League Cup final, while they face Partick Thistle in the Scottish Cup fifth round on Sunday.
Following a narrow 2-1 victory over Ross County last weekend, Beale may look to make a few changes to the starting line-up, giving some fringe players the opportunity for some minutes. Fashion Sakala, who has been impressive under the Englishman and seems rejuvenated, could potentially return to the bench after an underwhelming display last week.
Will Fashion Sakala start tomorrow in the Scottish Cup?
The Zambian forward has undergone a resurgence under Beale, scoring three times while grabbing a further five assists during the 42-year-old’s embryonic reign at Ibrox, and has been a general nuisance to opponents whenever he has started.
Against Ross County last Saturday, however, Sakala’s performance was poor. His Sofascore rating of 6.1/10 ranked him as the worst player in Rangers’ starting XI that day.
The 25-year-old was involved for just over an hour but made only 14 passes, took 42 touches, had just two shots and succeeded with only one of his three dribble attempts during his time on the pitch.
He also lost possession 18 times, the third most of any Gers player behind Borna Barisic and James Tavernier. He also won just five of his 16 duels, of which only two were won on the ground, and Beale may go for a different option for the cup tie tomorrow.
The Zambian’s qualities will be of great importance to Rangers going forward, and he was even dubbed a “firework” by former Ibrox defender Alan Hutton in the past.
However, with Scott Wright and Rabbi Matondo both eyeing a starting berth, a cup tie against Championship opposition could be the ideal chance for either of those to gain some minutes and allow Sakala a much-needed rest ahead of greater tests for Beale and co.
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.