Bayern Munich will not compete with Manchester United and Liverpool for Randal Kolo Muani, despite previous reports suggesting they would join the race.
According to Florian Plettenberg, Bayern do not plan to make an offer for Muani in the summer, though they will be seeking a new striker to adequately replace Robert Lewandowski.
News Kolo #Muani: Bayern doesn’t plan to make any offer as reported. Transfer in summer very unlikely. And Frankfurt wants around €90-100m. No release clause in his contract. Nagelsmann: „I am happy for them (Krösche, Hardung) that they have such a good striker.“ @SkySportDE ?? pic.twitter.com/n5AsNaqYbw
— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) February 10, 2023
United and Liverpool are both reportedly preparing to rival one another in the transfer market for the Frenchman’s signature. Jurgen Klopp could opt for more firepower in attack given Mohamed Salah’s lack of contributions, Cody Gakpo’s struggles to find the back of the net and Darwin Nunez’s lacklustre finishing.
United desperate for striker
On the other hand, the Red Devils will likely send Wout Weghorst back to Burnley without making the deal permanent due to his performance, whilst Anthony Martial could be on his way out of Old Trafford after sustaining several separate injuries this season. The No.9 has been sidelined for around 20 matches in total.
The post Bayern Munich will not compete with Man United and Liverpool for in-form forward appeared first on CaughtOffside.
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.