Arsenal have been credited with an interest in Manchester United’s in-form phenom Marcus Rashford, and will monitor his situation at Old Trafford over the coming months…
What’s the latest on Marcus Rashford to Arsenal?
According to Football Insider, the Gunners are going to keep one eye firmly fixed on Rashford’s contractual situation with United; manager Erik ten Hag triggered the one-year extension in the player’s contract earlier this season, which now expires in 2024.
The same publication reported back in October that Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta had been considering a swoop, with Rashford now firmly within the conversation for the most devastating forwards across Europe.
Any form of negotiation for the dynamic attacker will prove strenuous at best, with the Theatre of Dreams currently reaping the rewards of Rashford’s efforts on the pitch.
Could Rashford be a Mane-esque signing for Arteta?
Arsenal do boast one of the Premier League’s most impressive frontlines, with Gabriel Martinelli and Bukayo Saka wreaking havoc down the wings for Arteta’s outfit this season but the failed January transfer saga centred on Mykhaylo Mudryk, who ultimately joined London rivals Chelsea for £88.5m, points towards a desire to bolster the ranks further.
And Rashford would be perhaps the premium option in this regard; after scoring just five goals from 32 appearances for the Red Devils last season, the 25-year-old has dispelled any claim that he is failing to harness his potential by plundering 29 direct contributions from 34 matches this term.
And as per Sofascore, his 2.7 shots and 0.8 key passes per game in the Premier League are an illustration of the unwavering, multi-faceted threat the 51-cap English ace presents, with his 12 goals and three assists from just 21 starts confirming his stature atop the crowd of attacking hopeful’s plying their trade in the top-flight.
Hailed as a “monster” by analyst Statman Dave for his recent exploits, the rise of this burgeoning £48m-rated star is truly remarkable, with his unrelenting output this season a definitive factor behind his side’s success in the Premier League and journey to the Carabao Cup final, where Newcastle United await.
Ranking among the top 3% of attacking midfielders for wingers over the past year for non-penalty goals per 90, Rashford has also played as a centre-forward this season and consequently has been listed as a comparable player to Bayern Munich and ex-Liverpool star, Sadio Mane.
The Senegalese sensation, lauded as “absolutely insane” by former Reds manager Jurgen Klopp for his seismic contributions to the Merseyside outfit’s ascension over modern times, scored 120 goals and provided 48 assists from 269 appearances for Liverpool, winning the Premier League and Champions League among other major honours.
And Rashford, who has 114 goals and 65 assists from 337 outings for United already, at just 25-years-old, could blossom into a consistently “world-class” gem at the Emirates Stadium, as dubbed by Terry Flewers.
As such, the Red Devils dynamo could very well emulate the resounding success of Mane at Liverpool should he forge a move to Arsenal in the near future, with the £225k-per-week dynamo perhaps becoming truly “unstoppable” – as lauded by Ten Hag – under Arteta’s wing.
Those affiliated with Man United will be confident that the services of their star player, although should contract talks hit a snag, there is no question surrounding Arsenal’s imminent pounce, ready to swipe the phenom away and cement their own stature at the very top of the game.
- Declan Rice Lauds 'Warrior' £35k-p/w West Ham TeammateWest Ham United and England ace Declan Rice calls Vladimir Coufal a "warrior" after Czechia's Instagram post about his son.
- Arsenal Eye Swoop For "Dangerous" £32.5m GemArsenal eyeing summer swoop for Ibrahim Sangare
- Man United Eye Move For "Dominant" £44m TitanMan United are reportedly looking to sign Axel Disasi this summer.
- Reece James withdraws from England squad due to 'ongoing issue'Reece James has left the England camp and returned to Chelsea due to ongoing concerns about his fitness.
- Bayern Munich reveal why they replaced Julian Nagelsmann with Thomas TuchelBayern Munich chiefs have explained their decision to part company with Julian Nagelsmann and replace him with Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham's stance on Julian Nagelsmann amid uncertain Antonio Conte futureJulian Nagelsmann has been tipped to take over from Antonio Conte at Tottenham following his sacking by Bayern Munich.