Journalist Charles Watts has hinted that Bukayo Saka should be fit for Arsenal’s next game, despite appearing to pick up a knock in their previous win.
What happened to Bukayo Saka?
The winger has been in sensational form for the league leaders this season, and was one of the stars of the show as Arsenal came from behind to win last weekend.
Saka scored the Gunners’ equaliser against Aston Villa, but was also involved in some heavy-handed duels with left-back Alex Moreno, and was limping towards the end of the game.
Mikel Arteta has spoken out about the heavy tackling Saka has had to face this season amid fears that he could pick up an injury if he is not afforded the protection he should be given.
However, Watts appears confident the winger will be available for his side’s trip to Leicester City, claiming on his YouTube channel that he is expected to make the trip as Arsenal face yet another important game in their title challenge.
He said: “Saka, in terms of team news for him, yes, he got a bit of a battering against Villa at the weekend, we saw how much he was limping. But he got through the game. He was still on there at the end, he was still sprinting.
“So Arsenal will assess him as the week goes on and make a decision on him, but I’d be very surprised if Bukayo Saka isn’t fit to feature against Leicester at the weekend.”
How important is Saka to Arsenal?
Saka is a remarkable figure of consistency when it comes to fitness, as he has featured in all of Arsenal’s last 65 league matches, which is currently more than anyone else in the Premier League.
The England international has been in sensational form, notching up nine goals and eight assists in 23 league games, scoring against Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Liverpool – proving himself as Arsenal’s main star in their biggest matches.
Based on this, you would imagine Arsenal will need Saka to continue his high level of performance if they are to go on and win the league, and an injury to their star man could prove pivotal, with Gabriel Jesus and Thomas Partey already absent.
Being able to select him this weekend will therefore be a massive relief for Arteta, and if he is fit, Saka will likely continue in his starting role on the right wing.
- Sensational £20k-p/w Leeds “Rocket” Could Be Raphinha 2.0Leeds United must ensure Wilfried Gnonto does not leave this summer, with clubs like Juventus interested in a transfer.
- Chelsea Could Sign Own Haaland With £97m "Animal"Chelsea are interested in signing Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic this summer and the Serbian could be Graham Potter's own version of Erling Haaland.
- Liverpool Could Forget Bellingham With £44m-rated "World-beater"The Dutch machine would be a monster at LFC
- Cody Gakpo withdraws from Netherlands squad with viral infectionCody Gakpo withdraws from Netherlands squad with viral infection.
- Why Moises Caicedo did not join Arsenal or Chelsea in JanuaryBrighton's CEO Paul Barber explains why the club stopped Moises Caicedo from joining Arsenal or Chelsea in the January transfer window.
- Leah Williamson rates England's chances of winning 2023 Women's World CupLeah Williamson expresses 'confidence' within the England squad ahead of 2023 Women's World Cup.