Insider ExWHUemployee has revealed that West Ham United winger Jarrod Bowen should be fit to play in the club’s next game amid an injury scare.
What’s the latest on Jarrod Bowen and his WHUFC injury?
Things have not been going well of late for the Hammers and their inconsistent form was well summed up on Sunday afternoon as they slumped to defeat in the Premier League.
Indeed, goals from Emerson Royal and Son Heung-min gave Tottenham Hotspur a comfortable 2-0 win which saw David Moyes’ men end the week inside the relegation zone.
On top of that, key winger Bowen suffered a knock after the defeat and while he did not come off, he appeared to finish the game in notable discomfort.
However, in an update on The West Ham Way podcast, Ex revealed that the Englishman should be fine to play in the club’s next game.
He said: “Bowen received a knock at the end of the game against Spurs.
“Apparently he’s fine as well and should be available for Nottingham Forest.”
What does the Bowen injury news mean for West Ham?
After the game, his manager slammed the challenge that lead to Bowen’s injury noting that it should have been a yellow card. Moyes told the press: “I thought it was a poor decision that it wasn’t a yellow card. I thought it was very simple.
“This was a whack around the shins to me. I was a long way away, so I might be wrong but my first thought, and I’ve not had a chance to see it again, my first thought was it was a pretty clear booking.”
Seeing as the club have a big game against Nottingham Forest at home coming up this weekend, they’ll certainly hope to have Bowen fit. Indeed, a win would leave West Ham just two behind Steve Cooper’s men who are currently 13th in the league.
With that in mind, Moyes will no doubt be relieved to have his winger fit and ready for the game. After all, the 26-year-old has started every league game so far this term, scoring four times and proving two assists.
- Spurs Make Contact Over 35 y/o Manager TargetAfter parting ways with Antonio Conte over the weekend, Tottenham Hotspur have made initial contact with Julian Nagelsmann's people.
- Insider Issues Worrying Behind-Scenes Everton ClaimEverton have been slapped with potentially having breached Financial Fair Play regulations which will prove catastrophic if the club are to go down.
- Liverpool Reignite Interest In £184k-p/w StarLiverpool have reignited their interest in Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- Scott McTominay reveals how he's added goals to his gameManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay promised to try to continue his goalscoring exploits with Scotland after nabbing a brace against Spain
- Kai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to ChelseaKai Havertz opens up on 'pressure' of mega money move to Chelsea.
- How much do National League players get paid?What is the average wage of players currently competing in the Vanarama National League, the fifth tier of English football?